RE: bskball on indiana trade

Actually, it was a Bob Ryan column that speculated that Boston could have
Person, Vern Flemming and ... I'm not sure, for Bird. Ryan said the Celtics
should do it for the sake of the future. There was never anything more than
that to it though, just Ryan's column.

And I'm not at all surprised that Indiana turned that trade (Walker for
D.Davis, Rose and pick) down. Everyone tends to underestimate the value of
guys like Dale and Antonio Davis, but those two are at least as important to
the success Indiana has had in the last few years as Reggie Miller and Rik
Smits. The person who scores more points isn't always the more valuable
player. That's why Pat Riley is holding onto P.J. Brown for dear life when
players like Mercer and Richmond are there for the taking if he gives up
Brown. I think the rumored trade would have been, if anything, lopsided for
the Celtics -- and I say that as a tried and true Walker supporter.

Again, don't be surprised if the Knicks enter the Walker picture with Allan
Houston's name mentioned prominently.

Finally, San Antonio is desperate for a small forward with Elliott's
illness. Think they might consider a sign-and-trade that would send Perdue
here for Eric Williams?

Just my thoughts.

Mark