Re: FW: fishy, no?

> > The way I hear it was Indiana said no to the demand of Jalen, and Dale
> > and a first rounder. The counter was Jalen or Dale and Austin Croshere...
> > Rick said no that wasn't enough..... I got that from both Boston and
> > from Indiana sources.....

There were rumors around draft time that Vancouver wanted to trade their
pick for someone like Dale Davis; certainly Antonio Davis was enough
to get the #5 pick and Dale is the better Davis. Athletic defense and
rebounding big men seem to have a lot of trade value in the league
right now. So the Celtics keep Jalen Rose and the pick, move Davis for
Steve Francis? I think the Grizzles may have ended up asking for more.
But that deal doesn't seem too shoddy to me if Francis is the real deal.
You also have this hoard of starter quality players and draft picks
and you eventually put together a big package for another All-Star.
It all depends on what Davis can get you because he's not worth it if
you're going to keep him on the Celtics. And straight up, no way; I do
feel that Jalen Rose has value in this league. I'm glad that it didn't
go through anyways though, because I want to see what Antoine can do
with this new team essentially built around his skills.

> > I know for a fact that Rick has clouded the trade waters... I have spoke
> > to 5 different teams that say they had a deal with Boston, and he is
> > burning bridges along the way, Pat Riley says he won't deal with them,
> > and thats not the first team to hear that from....

Can't say I'm sorry that the Celtics won't be dealing with Riley anytime
soon. The guy's line is basically this: "I want to add an All-Star but
won't deal Hardaway, Mourning, or PJ Brown." No thanks Pat. And you can
bet that the next time the Celtics are offering real talent, all of these
teams are going to be willing to listen. It's just stupid not to.

Alex