Mustard joins the Herald

Some dummy at the Herald wrote:

>Danny Fortson. He could be the real deal. No. 10 pick in 1997 draft.
>Fourth in the NBA in rebounding last season with an 11.6 average. Played
>all 50 games. Can play center (38 starts) or foward, although he is only
>6-7. But he couldn't make Denver a winner. Why should he make a big
>difference in Boston?

Hmm, could it be because Boston has Antoine Walker, Paul Pierce, Kenny
Anderson and a real center? By contrast, Denver's team had 1 legit superstar
(McDyess) who, as it happens, plays Fortson's natural spot; a scattergun point
guard; a way-off guard who shot less than 40% ... you get my drift?

Geez, this guy Stozjak or Kojak or whatever makes Bob Ryan and Peter May feel
all warm and fuzzy. Who's his mentor, Jim Rome?

>"Danny, believe it or not, although he's 6-71/2, 6-8, he
>can play center, he can play power forward."

It seems Rick has been feeding Danny growth hormone. The man is officially
listed as 6'6.