Re: Welcome Aboard Calbert Cheaney -Reply

Good analysis, Ray.  I wonder how prophetic your speculation about
Walker's "expendability" (in light of the Cheaney acquisition) will turn out
to be.

Ryan

>>> Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com> 08/05/99 02:00pm >>>
I think Calbert is a pretty decent addition.
I know he's been somewhat dissapointing, but there
is only one Pervis Ellison. He's unique in his own
way.

As for the ramifications of adding Cheaney - We all
know how Pitino is going to spin it: Depth, talented player,
good shooter, we feel that he'll be especially effective
in our system; we investigated him thoroughly; Chris made a
lot of phone calls; We were surprised that we could pick
up such a talented player; I've known Calbert a long
time; Leo coached against him in the Boston shootout....

But what Pitino would really like to say is: We picked him up because
I want that pain in the ass, Walker out of here pronto.
I'm not giving him the chance to show up at training camp looking like
Shamu the
Killer Whale and ruining my season like he did last year....

However, I don't see Dale Davis making it to Boston any time soon. He's
redundant, as opposed to Lorenzen Wright who can play both center
and
PF - Walker in some type of package deal with Anderson and Barros &
clueless
Clippers & Pacers & Jalen Rose & Travis Best & draft choices - That's
more
likely to happen.... But something's got to give with all these SF's...
Ray