Re: Agent: Mercer Was Misled And Lied To By Pitino -Reply

>From: Ryan Falcone <FalconeR@nvg.com>

>I'm not sure that the point of this article was to make us feel sorry about
>the way that the trade impacts Ron Mercer, per se, but rather how Pitino
>and the Celtics will be viewed by "the market" (i.e.--free agents) in the
>aftermath of the trade.  If the leaguewide perception of Pitino is that he
>is a congenital liar / deceiver, that our owner is "cheap," and that our
>front office negotiates in bad faith using "capanomics" to justify ulterior
>agendas...
>
>Ryan

The quote about Pitino not being trustworthy came for Ron's agent.  So far
this guy has got his two top clients traded to Denver and The Clippers,
respectively.  It is unclear if either will end up with contracts as good as
they could have had with their original teams (although Mercer will probably
do better financially, it is not certain).  The agent is not having the best
results right now and he doesn't like Pitino one bit, so he mouthed off to a
Denver paper.

You want free agents coming here?  Get this team, as currently structured,
playing the way it can, and you'll have veterans lining up to take the
exception.

Jim