Re: Fortson and Pierce Articles

Way Of The Ray wrote:

>      Boston Herald
>
>       Said Denver general manager Dan Issel:  ``(Fortson's) good enough to be a
> starter in this league, but that means he's going to want starter money when his
> contract is up.''

Dan Issel is "good enough" to have a future as a Denver circus geek once he gets
fired as the (former) GM of the worst team in the history of the NBA.

If they did a league-wide poll of players and coaches, I wonder how many would say
that 11.6 cwp's per game is a bit more than "good enough to start" in the NBA? I
suppose Danny and Vitaly are going to face (stupid) height prejudices throughout
their careers as Boston Celtics. But I tell you the moment Danny ever repeats one of
his unselfish 20+ rebound games in Boston, all of Celtics Nation will wildly embrace
him and make the local Boston sportswriters look like no-nothings.

Most Bostonians have experienced several of our 16 Celtics championship and can
sense what kind of players got us there. I can't believe how fast the "dumbing down"
of Boston basketball fans has occured. I kinda blame that stupid guy in the
Leprechaun outfit.

------