Indy

Does the fact that LARRY BIRD, a man who knows a little bit about the game of
basketball, is hot to acquire Antoine Walker tell you something??

Why in the name of God are the Celtics even considering Walker offers? The
Pacers have nobody, no two bodies, who I'd trade Walker for (and that
certainly includes Davis and Rose). I thought the pieces were in place now; so
shut up and play ball, man.

If the Celtics are going to trade every player who has an argument with an
assistant coach, how are they going to field a roster? This is starting to
sound like Bobby Knight.

(On a related note, I was surprised to read that the Pacers wouldn't deal
Travis Best for Lorenzen Wright! That's a bizarre decision. If the Clips land
Best, they'll have a nice young backcourt with Derek Anderson.)

(And speaking of Bobby Knight, his ex-player, Lawrence Funderburke, has
re-signed with Sacramento. I'd have liked to see him in green, but the Fortson
deal makes that unnecessary.)