Derek Anderson

Derek Anderson made a big mistake in my opinion with his reported contract
demands of $60M. The Cavaliers ended up trading him for a cheaper alternative
Murray. My guess is that the Clippers are not going to pay Anderson; they
are going to wait a year and let him find out his true market value. He may
end up walking but the Clippers can take that risk because they got him for
essentially nothing (a free agent that they weren't going to keep anyway).

I don't think the Celtics would have any interest in Anderson; he is not as
good as Mercer (even though he may be somewhat more well-rounded) and there
is the injury history. If the Celtics weren't going to pay Mercer, there is
no reason to take on another negotiating headache in Anderson.

The contrast between what the Celtics got for Mercer and what the Cavs got
for Anderson is impressive though.

Alex