Re: Notes from the Globe

> Mercer's agent said the Celts were offering less than some bench players on
> the team makes. Don't know who he was referring to -- Dana makes about $3.5
> mil a year, Minor $2.1 and Pervis $2 mil -- I wonder if he was exaggerating?
> If not, that seems pretty mind-boggling.

San Francisco Chronicle had quotes from Mercers agent (Tevester Scott?)
who said the Celtics offered $30 million (first offer).  Mercer wanted at
least $60 million, according to Scott.  Interestingly, the Chronicle also
mentions that Derek Anderson was traded to the Clippers because the
Cleveland didn't think they could meet the demands of Master P.

	  Dave Wickerham
	  aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu
	  Saratoga Springs, NY