The Trade

Good Day fellow Listers,
   I also think we have pulled off a steal. Dan Issel was a great player but I have been told he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and some Denver area folks consider him a bad GM type. When I lived in Cheyenne some years back and he was the color man on the Nougats broadcasts, I found him to be old school in his thinking how players and the NBA should be run and at the time I agreed with his philosophy. Times change though and IMO he hasn't kept up.The problem with Dans philosophy being applied to the NBA and its players in this day and age is sadly out of date and will be ignored by the majority of  the players who have adopted an I , Me , Mine  philosophy. I question his way of evaluating talent yet applaud it because IMO our team was able to be on the good end of  a lopsided trade  and in a convoluted way were able to make one of  last years  better trades by getting Tony( I didn't  see no cop) Battie for Banana Boy. El Busto (Issels words, not mine!!)  was ridden out of  Denver on a rail  and the rest is history. Tony intrigues me and I see him only getting better with experience , more playing time and being surrounded by a better cast of characters. Well enough pontificating by this very happy Celtics fan!!! Lastly I will miss Ron and wish him well. The Denver fans will love him. Just my thoughts and YMMV. Later.Mike