Re: Michael Holley: C's Interested In Making Additional Trades and Signings

--- Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> since he won't be ready to start the season. He
> further states that
> Pervis and Fortson are attractive to teams, because
> the two of them are
> in
> the last year of their contracts: Pervis = $2.8
> million.

> Pitino wouldn't trade Fortson, would he?  Pervis, of
> course, is as good as gone...

Why not as far as he is concerned this is fantasy league..Is it not?
What is so special abou Frotson:

Pre trade spin on Fortson:
We are aquiring a player who is physical and gives us size rebounding
and defense.

Post trade spin on Fonrtson if traded for a veteran:
We are trading an undersized PF for NBA experience and veteran presence
in the locker room.

Post trade spin on Fortson if traded for a younger player: We are
trading an undersized PF for great potential and upside.

I can now completely understand why he was fired by the Knicks despite
his winning season. - Mishra