RE: Another trade thought

Well,
You could also look at it like this.
Celtics give up
Mercer + two guys who contributed ZERO (one TOTAL loser and the other a
IR rider who never delivered what we thought he would)
	Mercer will have a fine career as a medium range shooter, who
can dunk in the open court.  For all of his vaunted athleticism, he
never showed the ability to go up in traffic and thrown down, or even
finish strong.  It was all a bunch of fancy ass layup attempts.  Some of
which went in.  His highlights came from dunks on the break.  Nice...but
a layup on the break is still worth two.  Finish in traffic.
	Dwayne Shitonus.  Like I said Total Loser.  If he was going to
turn it around, and have even a decent career as a 9 or 10th man, this
was his last chance.
	Popye Jones.  I really wanted to like him.  And the few times he
played healthy, he was OK.  But I think signing him, coming of an injury
was a mistake.

Celtics obtain
Fortson, Eric Williams, Eric Washington, and a draft pick (potential
lottery)
	Fortson.  The guy can board.  I think rebounding is the one
thing that can be considered a constant, regradless of how bad your team
is.  Whereas your competition for scoring stats may be less on a crappy
team, you compete with the opponent for rebounds.  We need a rebounder.
What we thought Popye was.
	Eric Williams.  He can score.  Gets to the line.  Perfect for a
sixth man.
	Eric Washington.  Don't know.  Even if he is cut, I still like
this trade.
	Draft Pick.  Even if it is the last pick in the 2nd round, it is
better than Shituonus will ever be.  But it is likely to be at least a
mid first rounder.

Now I was a Mercer fan, I even bought an autographed 8x10.  But I'm not
all that chocked up to see him go in this particular deal.  I just hope
Walker stays, at least for a year to see if he grows into his potential.

Adam