Re: CRANK?

There was almost one certainty, we would not have gotten any better with
Mercer still around and no deal. This team could play with one sneaker and
be ahead of last seasons team.

At 09:53 PM 8/3/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Going to put my 2¢ in - I like the trade mostly, since it was obvious
Mercer was going to be traded anyway and because I don't think he wanted to
stay and play under Pitino.   However, the purpose of a discussion list
like this is to give everyone a chance to air their feelilngs about
whatever is happening with our favorite team.  Anyone who doesn't like this
trade, or has questions about it, could be right in the long run, you know.
 It looks good, but there are no guaranties.  Also, I'm sad about Mercer
and I still think he'll be a very good player.  Denver must think so
because otherwise this would be a very lop sided trade, IMO.  We got rid of
some dead weight, got a player we need if he works out the way everyone
thinks he will - and a first round draft pick.  Doesn't that sound rather
lopsided?  I think so.  Anyway, if anyone has doubts about it, that's their
privilege and their opinion and they're entitled to it.