Re: More on the newest Celtic

Here's some updated information on the Denver pick from Sandy
in the News Group who heard Chris Wallace on 790 AM:

C's option on the Denver choice starts in 2001, ends in 2004.
2001, it's lottery protected for the first five; 2002 for the
first 3; 2003 at 1; 2004 equals no protection. C's must use
the pick by 2004.  No option in 2000, most likely because Orlando has
first dibs on the higher of Denver's two choices. It's likely,
Orlando will end up with Denver's pick and the Nuggets will
have Cleveland's choice, somewhere between 15 and 24.

As far as the C's ever drafting a player with that Denver choice,
I don't see it happening. Pitino will package it off, perhaps
as soon as the February trading deadline, or if San Antonio puts
Duncan up for bids, it could be included then....
Ray