We still need ...

a backup center. One more piece, because I believe Battie is best suited to
PF. I really like a second unit with Williams and Battie as the front-line
bookends. Ideally, this person would be a real veteran, someone who's been
through the wars and can be a good influence on the team. Guys like Tree
Rollins and the Chief used to be. I've already mentioned Mark Bryant several
times; what about Rick Mahorn, Mark West, Bill Wennington or AC Green? Andrew
Lang? Joe Kleine would be good link to Bird era. Otis Thorpe is headed to a
contender and has a bad attitude anyway; so does Olden Polynice, who otherwise
could be a perfect fit.

The problem with all those guys is, they're probably too slow of foot to be
able to play in a full-court scheme that would best suit Battie. Same goes for
names like Felton Spencer and Stanley Roberts. That's why I still think Eric
Riley's a decent choice.

Looking at the list on NBA.com, the pickings are really pretty slim. Smacky is
probably one of the better looking guys talent-wise, but then again you don't
get the veteran, good-influence thing. Does anybody know anything about
Indiana's Mate Skelin? I think he's like 7'2, and if Larry likes him he must
have potential.

I realize I'm rambling here but wonder if anybody else has ideas.