Re: Favorites??

>From: Shailendra Mishra <shailendra_mishra@yahoo.com>

>I am talking about Walter being a Pitino favourite,  whatever happens
>Walter can do no wrong.

It's Pitino's job to "play favorites".  It's called player evaluation.  Feel
free to disagree with Pitino's love for McCarty's game, but don't question
his right to make that call.  It's his job.  And, the Mercer trade shows
just how this talk of him favoring his Kentucky players is groundless.

>Which GM in his right mind would give McCarty a 3 year 8 mill contract. Had
>Pitino saved the 8 mill, he would have been able to sign Mercer.

It's relative peanuts.  It's nothing compared to the deals your idol ML
liked to give out, mostly because it was for half the duration that the
deals Dee, Dana, Minor and Pervis got were.  It was barely a raise over his
rookie scale and would have made no difference whatsoever in keeping Mercer.
  Get over it.

>Well! living in the west coast, I have seen Fortson play against the
>Warriors. I don't like his game. Ask yourself, if Fortson is such a
>stud why did Denver do so poorly..they have talent all round.

You're right, we should only make trades for Spurs.  You know, the good
teams are just lining up to give away their best players.  Seriously, I
would like to know what you don't like about Fortson's game, not having seen
much of him.

>By better role player if you mean Eric Williams, that only enhances my
>point about Pitino's cluelesness. Why the hell did he trade him in the
>first place.

Well, he has changed his attitude (I hear it's up to 720 degrees now) and
Denver is picking up half the tab.  He's now projected as a scorer coming
off the bench, which should suit him.  What's not to love?

>All I am saying that Ron Mercer, given time, would have developed into any
>type player the Celtics wanted him to be. He has that kind of potential..he
>is 22, these are his formative years.

Mercer could be anything you want?  As long as that's an extremely athletic,
but soft playing shooting guard with limited range, little court vision and
suspect ball handling, I agree.  If Denver projects him as the starting
small forward, they are in for a rude awakening.

>PS: I need a team, Pitino is making it hard to root for the C's. The
>Warriors front office is even worse then Pitino, Paul do you have any
>ideas how about Sacramento.

I wonder if you would have posted that the day after they traded for Chris
Webber.  That was a pretty major shakeup.

Jim