GOODBYE RON: HE'S TRADED - Chris Wallace Comments On The Trade

It's gone down and Wallace says Mercer's impending free agency
and Pierce's ability to play the shooting guards were two major
factors along with Fortson's rebounding ability and the draft choice
- Wallace is naturally high on the draft choice.

Wallace says there's no personal enmity between Pitino and Master
P - In fact, Wallace bought Pitino a Master P CD for Christmas.

On future moves: Wallace says never say never - The Denver deal was on
the periphery, then it came hurtling down the Pike Saturday.

On Walker: We're always open to any suggestion - We think Antoine will
have
a outstanding career with the Celtics

On Eric Williams - Says they did a lot of research on him - Came back
with the findings that once he left Boston, he did a 180 degree turn
- another weight room warrior - Will be proficient on the offensive end.

Draft Pick - Very enthused - Says it can be high in the next few years.

Fortson - A below the rim rebounder - Like Paul Silas - Battie, Fortson
and Pot will keep the C's from being mauled on the boards - Fortson,
not a player that need the ball - wallace says they needed someone like
that
- Compatible to Walker and Pierce.

Kenny Anderson - Wayne Turner is insurance - wallace confident he
(Anderson) will
have a good year - last year's performance indicative of many veterans.