No Subject

Plus like all proposed trades, this particular one still involves matching
contracts. We are picking up one bad investment (Eric Williams' remaining two or
three years?) in exchange for another (Popeye Jones' remaining two years). Now
that Rodent Rogers is finally off the table, perhaps Pitino may reconsider giving
Eric Williams a second chance to play a similar slasher/scorer role. More likely,
the McNuggets will give Williams one more year at the still wide-open small
forward slot (they also wanted to re-sign Rogers), or trade Fortson for Lorenzen
Wright and bump Raef LaFrentz to his natural power forward slot.

Joe

IMO, here's the deal with Danny Fortson. He was a 6-6 bubble player projected to
have a similar game but slightly less height than Louis Roe (the great "Zoo Mass"
power forward). Recognizing this, the McNuggets drafted 6-11 LaFrentz and
acquired 6-11 Keon Clark and bumped little Danny Boy down as a third stringer.
Then to everyone's surprise, yet another power forward, Antonio McDyess, also
signed to go back to Denver.

So what does this kid do? He waits for his first chance to play and then grabs
the opportunity and never let go. According to NBA.COM, Fortson in his first
start (when Raef LaFrentz went down) converted a game-winning tip-in with 5.0
seconds left, posting 16 points (6-8 FG, 4-4 FT) and 11 rebounds in a 95-93
victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on 2/26

11 measly rebounds? The kid was just getting started. He later had a 24 rebound
game. He had a 23 rebound game. He also had an 11 offensive rebound game. This
kid behaves like the second coming of Dave Cowens in terms of fury and lack of
size. If the Celts pass over him because of his lack of NBA height, then we are
retards. Acquiring him makes even more sense because we already have just the
right kind of player to complement him (a 6-11 shotblocker, road-runner in Tony
Battie).

-----