Re: Vitaly's Summer Vacation -Reply -Reply

>>> Daniel Forant Sr <dforant1@nycap.rr.com> 04/29/99 11:44am >>>
Tell us DeClercq is equal to Potapenko and I have some land for you to
buy. <<<

I think that given Cleveland's likely inability to sign Potapenko after this
season, DeClerq plus a top ten pick was worth considerably more to the
Cavs than Potapenko is worth to the Celtics.

Again, my point was not to judge the trade as a function of Vitaly's skills
versus Andrew's hustle; the point is that when our Celtics give up what
will likely be the #8 pick in the draft, and the Cav's snatch up William
Avery or Baron Davis while we continue to bemoan Kenny Anderson's
inability to make teammates better (borrowed from a recent list
thread)--then yeah, the price tag for Potapenko might be awfully steep.

And I don't want to hear any more "this-is-the-weakest-draft-in-memory"
crap anymore, because it won't be weak through the first ten picks.  And
if the leprechaun smiles on us, and we end up with one of the three
lottery picks, then I'll be the first one to say that the Celtics front office
really pulled one off.  Until then...

Finally, as for the land, I'd have a difficult time purchasing real estate
from a man who made the asinine proclamation that Larry Bird was
"dogmeat compared to Pitino."

Ryan