Anderson

I really, really doubt that Anderson is traded this offseason unless
it is in a package with Mercer for a premier point guard or big man.
My guess is that Pitino would want to see whether Kenny can improve
thru Pitino's conditioning, workouts, training camp, and practices
before giving up on him.

The Celtics would be looking for a point guard that is 30 or younger,
because any older and he wouldn't be able to run Pitino's system when
the Celtics' young guys mature. I've listed point guards of that age
(not yet 31 at the beginning of next season) who have a better assist
average than Kenny, in order of assists.

1) Jason Kidd
2) Stephon Marbury
3) Gary Payton
4) Terrell Brandon
5) Brevin Knight
6) Nick Van Exel
7) Mike Bibby
8) Damon Stoudamire
9) David Wesley
10) Eric Snow
11) Jason Williams

This would be the list of possible "upgrades." I'm not including any
backup points guards that people might think would be better, because
these guys have not proven anything so it's premature to project that
they'll be excellent starting guards (see Steve Nash).

Alex