The vet problem/the future.

You know....this drive to pick up a vet is beginning to make me...itch.
Didn't the Ricktator just sign Popeye to an extension? How long and for how
much money? Popeye was, is, and will always be a mediocre player with
marginal skills. Pitino knew about Popeye's injury when he extended his
contract...yes? I guess I just can't help wondering about Pitino's
judgement when it comes to acquiring veterans. I have a feeling he's on the
hunt for a mediocre down-side-of-his career rejuvenation project with
"character." God save us from "quality" guys who'll probably hurt
themselves if they work hard enough to become marginal talents. I don't
think it's unreasonable to question Pitino's ability to pull this move off.
I mean..the guy is a defense freak and he acquires Anderson? Now...while I
fear Joe is right, the team just might be stuck with Anderson...I'm not
giving up hope that someone out there needs a point guard who isn't...but
we'll see. Anyway...this season is over...these games mean nothing...the
wins mean nothing...the inspired play of Barros, Battie, and Jones means
nothing...it's time to talk POSTSEASON TRADES! Yeah baby!...that's what I'm
talkin' about!...the future is ours! You're all groaning...I hear you. Well
screw it. You know Pitino's not going to stand still. He's not coming back
with same starting line-up...is he? Of course not. This guy has his
"reputation" to think about. Next year "has to be" the year...not might
be...not could be...not should be....but has to be the year the team makes
the playoffs. And you know that every gm in the league realizes Pitino's
back is to the wall...and they just can't wait to deal with this guy. Now
"this" should be an interesting offseason. I look forward to the PJ
Brown/Jamal Mashburn rumors when the Heat get eliminated from the playoffs.
One last thing....Pierce is going to be the starting 2 when the season
opens next year.

Paul M.