Re: DeClercq

Daniel Forant Sr wrote:

> DeClercq: against Miami, 2 points, 2 rebounds. He has good games. But Pot
> is the better of the deal by far.

Hi Daniel:

According to Peter May, Vitaly Potapenko is "basically a backup center" or
"really a power forward" (take your pick).

Back near the start of April before Antoine & Ron got hurt etc., I wrote that
"Potapenko needs to shoot for 13.4 ppg and average 8.6 rebounds in order to
finish at 10 ppg and 7 rpg overall (over the remaining 13 games)". Vitaly is
actually doing better than that, having already reached 10 + 7 with five
games to go.

The guy just turned 24-years-old and he's 290 pounds of coordinated muscle.
As bleak as things seem, imagine what it would feel like going into this
offseason/draft without a starting center? I only wish we could have traded
Peter May to Cleveland instead of El Ringo.

BTW, my current hope is that the Celtics finish every month but March at or
above .500, either by (finally) beating Detroit or sweeping El Vaselino's
Miami Heat (that'd be quite a nice story).

Go Celts!

Joe

-----