Re: Troubled

Trent signed a 1-year, $1M exemption contract with the Mavericks.
This offseason, the Mavericks will have significant room under the
cap (around $8M by my estimation). I wonder if Trent signed a deal
with the understanding that he'd get the big contract this offseason.
(Or at least the possibility).

Trent had no reason to sign with the Celtics because they didn't
have the possibility of being under the cap in the near future
and paying him.

Alex