Re: The plan..the tank?

In a message dated 99-04-19 00:50:09 EDT, nealh@umich.edu writes:

<< Now that AW is out, we need the 1,2,3 pick.

 Do you think we will hold out Kenny and Ron and make a tank for the higher
 pick. >>

As long as they keep winning and Toronto, NY, Cleveland, and Charlotte keep
losing, they are mathematically still in the playoff hunt. If they were to
end up tied with any of those clubs except Toronto, the C's still have an
opportunity win the tie breaker by virtue of winning the season series.

No way the C's end up with a Top 3 pick unless they were to win the lottery,
which is highly unlikely if they ultimately ended up with the 7th or 8th
worst record.