Mitch Lawrence: Pitino Staying; Mercer Going

Just a short blurb in Lawrence's column today that
the Celtics have decided to keep Pitino and that
"they'll try to shake up the roster in the off-
season, starting by dealing Ron Mercer."

I guess other players will be moved out too, if
they're going to start with Ron Mercer.  Maybe
Mercer was the guy Pitino was referring too?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Boston backcourt
ends up being the Clippers backcourt.  According
to Hoopsworld, the Clippers are shopping for both
guard positions and are willing to package their
lottery pick and their group of forwards.  Hmmm.
Mercer, Battie and Anderson for Wright, Skinner,
the lottery pick and Sherman and Mr. Peabody.
Whatever the case, change is inevitable....
Ray