my beef

I guess I'm a Walker defender, and someone who, although fond of Ron Mercer, is
not sold on Mercer. Tonight is a great example of my single biggest complaint
about Ron. Now, granted, I haven't been watching the game, just monitoring it
on-line at work, but here's my beef: Mercer, in 30 minutes, has six points on 3
for 9 shooting, hasn't attempted a 3-pointer or FT, has no rebounds and no
assists. It just seems to me he is far too willing to fade into the background
in some games. I just don't think he always competes hard (not to be confused
with playing hard). Walker may have some awful games, but I've never watched a
Celtics game when I didn't get the feeling he was competing just as hard as he
could. I think he'd do anything to win and sometimes gets in trouble trying to
do too much. Mercer too often doesn't do enough.

Mark