Uncross your fingers

Hi list:

This is from this morning's Boston Herald. Those of you who hoped the
latest crisis would force us to trade Antoine Walker can now uncross
your fingers.

Joe

------------

Copyright Boston Herald/Mark Cofman

``I think more than anything, his feelings are hurt," Pitino said.  "I
told him to keep playing hard because other than that, there's not much
you can do about it. The important thing is he still wants to be a
Celtic.''

There were moments while Walker was making his solemn postgame comments
when his desire to remain in Boston came into question. The 6-foot-9
third-year forward, though he signed a six-year, $71  million contract
extension during training camp, said he would evaluate the situation at
the end of the season. Yesterday he elaborated.

``The reason I said maybe I'm not the player Boston fans want or maybe
there's someone out there who can do things to please them more is
because sometimes you feel like when you're working your hardest it's
not appreciated,'' said Walker. ``I know the fans are frustrated and I'm
frustrated too, but I want to be a Celtic. I like the guys I play with
and I enjoy playing for coach.

``We've been inconsistent as a team and I've been inconsistent as an
individual. It's been tough on everybody, but you have to make a
decision whether you want to be a part of it. I do want to be here.''

``My game has changed,'' said Walker. ``I think if you look at it last
year, this year I'm shooting many more 3s than I would like to shoot,
and teams are running different things at me with a lot of
double-teaming, so we have to go to other options. Last year I was  the
No. 1 option and we rode me to the end.''