Re: Boos for AW

Kevin.Lok@outokumpu.com wrote:

> Anybody knows what he means "but at the end of the year I'll deal with the
> situation.''?

He'll ask Falk to engineer a trade to a place where he'll get some "love"(Chitown?)?
If that's what it was, it is yet another stupid comment by AW in response to
the boos (remember the "that's just unprofessional" comment?). But this is
only a guess, I don't really know.

That aside, I thought Pitino was right on the money with his post-game
comments last night. Certainly, the fans (if that's what they are) have the
right to boo whether it's "right" or not. But at this point, simply from a
classical conditioning standpoint, it has become counterproductive. Antoine IS
finally doing what the fans have conditioned him to do (take good shots and
play team basketball), and yet they keep booing unless he's absolutely
perfect. But not even the Boston demigod Larry was perfect, and booing
certainly won't make Antoine shoot 100% from the field or even the FT line -
quite the opposite.

Joe Hironaka wrote:

> It's these stupid corporate season ticket
> holding, butt-munching, yuppie-types that piss me off. I'm starting to
> hate the whole Fleet Bank center scene.

Hey, Joe, let's not be so quick with the class-based blame assignment, eh? (I
know it's easy to fall prey to this living in Paris :)) For all we know, it
could be beered up Joe Sixpacks, misguided tourists, or Krause's "plants", who
could be responsible for this viciousness. ;)
Although I'm usually not big on sending support letters to pampered athletes,
in this situation it might be a good idea to send 'Toine a quick note,
basically saying, "Forget the few yahoos at the Fleece, we on the Celtslist
are the real fans, and we appreciate your effort and improved, team-oriented, play."