Kenny is dead, long live ??

Roy Enrile wrote:

>Higher quality Vets that would fit the C's needs are,
>Eric Murdock(a Pitino fan), Rhodric Rhodes(played some pt guard for
>the Rockets, and USC.  Bowen caliber defense), Terry Porter.

>Kenny for Sam Cassell could be the best situation(don't know about
>salaries). We'd get size, talent, championship poise/intangibles.
>Even after Houston lost Thorpe and Kenny Smith, they rode
>Hakeem and Cassell's back to a championship.

Murdock is the only one on your list who interests me, and although he came up
with a lot of steals in college, is he really the defensive player we're all
clamoring for? Haven't seen enough of his game to know for sure; anyone else?

If Rhodes were truly capable of starting at point in the NBA, he'd still be in
Houston, which is point guard-starved. And Porter, while I like him, is
approximately 3,000 years old, so I don't see where he's any kind of solution
beyond maybe a season. Finally, if people on this list think Kenny A shoots
too much and doesn't set up his teammates, wait'll they get a a load of Sam
Cassell. There's gotta be SOME reason he's on team #4 in his career. And
size?? He may be listed at 6'3, 185, but he looks a lot more slight to me --
we're not talking Chauncey Billups or Jason Kidd here. (BTW, Houston "lost"
Otis THorpe in exchange for Clyde Drexler, who I think may have had something
to do with Houston's second championship.)