Re: Celts Cruise Over Cavs: Boston 103- Cleveland 89

I WAS THERE I WAS THERE!!!!

I was sitting section BAL317, Row 15, Seat 7. Right against the wall, above
everything.

I came in at 6pm, got my free promo Wheaties Box with Larry Bird on the box and
went to the 7th floor to my seats. (I went with my friend)
Walter was shooting jump shots, 18 footers, VP was on the floor, stretching.
DeClerq dropped by Walter shook hands and went to the locker. On the way he
spent a good 15-20 minutes signing autographs. I guess he still had his fans in
Beantown. Tommy was walking across the court, chit chatting with some of the
fans on the front. Derek Anderson came to court with his BIG wig which Willie
Mays got his hands on. I'm sure that was part of the opening report by him on
the TV.

The game was excellent. Other than Pierce, our other 4 starters had 20+ points
each. Pierce wasn't slashing and driving. He was sitting comfortably in the
corner of the three point arc.

My observations.
We need to get another ball handler. I hated to see Walker bring the ball up.
Its hard for him to call his own plays. Its almost like he is telling Dana what
to do for him to get the ball on the three point arc.
I was screaming for him to drive against Ferry instead of posting up. Walker is
way more faster than Ferry. Walker finally did drive against him a couple of
times.

My friend noticed that Mercer had only 5 points while Walker and VP had points
in their teens. Two seconds after saying that, Mercer hit got hot and was
running off curls. From what I saw, VP and Walker need to get off to a good
start. Mercer can wait till the second half to get his points. Barros can fill
in when required. I really don't know about Pierce. I'm not sure if he got
scared of getting hammered by Kemp and DeClerq. I thought he was sitting
comfortably in the corner of the three point arc.

In the beginning of the game, when the C's were shooting at Cleveland side Jim
O'Brien was screaming for Pitino. I couldn't tell if those were names of plays
or directions for the players. A couple of times I could hear Pitino screaming
his lungs out. No wonder you could hear him during the TV broadcasts, I could
hear him on the other side of where he was waaay up in the balcony

Overall, I HAD FUN. I wish I was a bit closer so I could scream at the players
and Pitino.

Ritesh Ramani
ramani_rite@bentley.edu