RE: Gregory Odegaard's war against Way of the Ray

Well I'm disappointed in myself for being drawn into Greg's' typical
bullshit. Never-the-less, here I am again...twice in a single week!

I'd like to clarify a few things about me, the list, and pontificators (like
Greg, which we have always had plenty of, and then hopefully take my place
as a lurker who loves most of what I learn from this list. In this process,
I'll tell you a bit about myself, which I was dead-set against as the bio's
flowed per Greg's original request.

I was born and raised in Natick MA. My father and I were frequently seen
snarfing dogs and cokes in the cheap seats of Boston Garden. I taught school
in Worcester before Med school in Cleveland OH. I have been away from Boston
for many years, the last 10 in Vermont...my home, where my wife and point
guard son have a very tough time getting news, radio or (god forbid) TV
coverage of the Celtics. This is a team that I simply love, unconditionally.
My connection to the team is the list...all of you.

Greg's correct. I don't have much time or interest in posting, rather I
cherish the list for the dedicated wisdom which is usually available and use
it as my primary connection to the team. I have been a list member for
almost 5 years, and posted (on the average)  once each year. I have nothing
against Greg or anybody else on the list. I am however, troubled by the
amount of crap which is bandied about and the attitude (often spewing from
Greg) which would let us believe that one persons opinion is less worthy
than another's, and that we should post pictures and ID cards identifying
ourselves, in order to be taken seriously.

Now Greg is criticizing me because I don't post every 15 minutes like he
does. Wow...Greg you are strung a little tight don't you think? I bet I'm
not the first person to suggest that. I'm no shrink, but I do know a nut
when I read one. I would really enjoy seeing a concerted refocusing on
Celtics related material and less monopolization of the discussion by so
few.

Those of you who have been around as long as I have know that Gene, TK,
Dorine, Bill and others have been posting less and less. I believe this is
because of a negativism on this list which is new and, in my opinion,
destructive.

Greg, you'll have some smart-ass answer for this post, you always do! You'll
tell us what's wrong with me and all that's right with you. Here's a
suggestion: Shut the fuck up and see what transpires. It might make this
list a better source of information and discussion as a result. Folks,
nothing that is written by anybody sinks in with Greg. He keeps saying that
privately, he has much support. If this is true then I apologize to
everyone. If this egomaniac is secretly pissing you off, why not send him an
off list message... he's asking for it, literally!

Thanks for listening.

Peter

Peter L. Moses, MD
Assistant Professor