Re: Acie Earl tearin' it up

At 05:51 am 9/04/99 -0700, you wrote:

Sorry to put a dampener on things, but I saw him play a couple of times
this year as I live in Sydney and often go to see the Kings. He is about 40
pounds overweight and refuses to run back on defence. Apart from that he is
good :-) It can be said for any NBA players going to participate in
overseas leagues. The standard that American and Canadian people have
access to is unbelievable when compared to the trash we have to watch.
think yourselves lucky :-) Then again, it only costs us the equivalent of
about $10 US to sit about two rows behind the players on the bench...

>Also from the Toronto Sun

>EARL OF WISDOM: Ex-Raptors centre Acie Earl has made a
>name for himself in Australia's National Basketball
>League. Earl, who played this season with the Sydney
>Kings, was named to the league all-star team after
>averaging 21.6 points (fifth in the league), 12.5
>rebounds (third) and 2.9 blocks (second). On the
>down side, Earl ranked third in the league with 3.9
>turnovers per game.

Cheers,

	Michael