I Like Bread and Butter

I agree about Bread and Butter plays.  Vitaly
Potapenko should be the first option on offense, and
he should never venture more than five feet from the
box under any circumstances.  Nothing good ever
happens with him getting the ball on the outside. This
is my new theme of themes.   On the inside, he will
make things happen, and attract defense that will keep
whole defenses from collapsing on Antoine.  (Who
doesn't throw "hand grenades" so much anymore, and
when he does he's often getting uncalled fouls.  Last
night's ref should be reprimanded by the league for
arbitrary vindictiveness toward Twon.)

Interesting watching the game on TV.  There was a
series of thrilling plays including a Paul Pierce
drive/dunk that went undescribed as Tommy and Russell
gassed on for possession after possession about the
old days.  Struck me as the young celts dilemma in
miniature.  They are playing the first acts of their
basketball careers, and everyone in Boston is in the
third intermission.  Russell himself however says that
he is a Celtics fan, and that they don't have to win
championships to please him.  He just wants to see
them play well.  I would submit that any team that had
Antoine Walker who wasn't judging him by the standards
of Larry Bird and John Havlicek would have different
attitudes.