Anderson trades

If you read Peter May's Sporting News team report on the Celtics,
he suggests a Rodney Rogers trade for Anderson. I hate the way this
guy "reports." Seriously, it's ridiculous speculation but May makes
it sound like its something the Celtics are actually considering.
There is a big difference between Barros or Battie, who Pitino was
supposedly willing to trade, and Anderson.

This Gary Payton rumor evidently has surfaced outside of a Minnesota
mailing list. I suppose if Seattle was really hot for someone in the
draft (Odom?) and NJ landed high enough to get it, it's possible.
I'd personally think that the Celtics should offer any combination of
players not including Walker and Pierce, and sweeten with draft picks
if necessary, to land Payton. Mercer, Anderson, Potapenko would be a
possibility since Polynice will probably land elsewhere in free agency.

Alex