Mercer trades

I think before anyone else gets too upset about the idea of trading
Mercer, we should realize that in any trade we'll be getting a player
in return. Who that player is should determine whether you want to
strangle Pitino or not. I think that Pitino should be able to receive
decent value in any trade of the top three (Walker, Pierce, Mercer)
because he won't be trading out of desperation. The one situation that
would be bad is if Mercer makes a contract demand that the Celtics
can't match.

The reason that Mercer would be traded would be to fill a need for
a veteran big man. If the Celtics do develop more of an inside-out
game, then Pierce is a better shooting guard than Mercer because
he has the three-point range to punish the double team and rotations.
I can imagine Walker as an oversized small forward too, similar to
Shareef and Kevin Garnett.

Alex