Magic game

I found it interesting that Kenny was held out in a game in which we were
going to play another team with a big guard. This also gave Pitino a chance
to check out the press without having Anderson or Dana in there. Of course,
it was very effective. This may solidify it in Pitino's mind that we will
have to get a point guard that can press this summer...I saw the Magic
broadcast so I didn't have Tommy complaining about all the bad ref calls. I
saw some bad calls against the Celts but Walker's fouls all seemed legit,
especially the one he got a technical on. On the other hand, there were way
to many Celts on the bench due to foul trouble, especially the starters...It
was nice to see Mercer with the hot hand. I thought the reason the offense
worked so well in the first three quarters was because they were feeding off
of the Magic turnovers and because Ron was hot. However, the Magic defense
stiffened in the fourth and the press lost its luster. Then,  because we
hadn't established a low post game inside with Walker or Vitally, we were
relegated to Barros or Mercer taking long jumpers. Then there was nothing
left but the crying. I will say it time and time again. We will never get
anywhere until we establish an inside-out game. I know Ron was hot. However,
the defense will stiffen and you are left with a lower percentage outside
shot which is at least half-pressured. At the end of the game, you got to go
inside with either Vitally, Walker or Pierce. Pass out if you have a double
team. A doubleteam most likely will happen and Ron will still get the shot,
except this time he will be OPEN. It was a shame to work so hard on the press
in the first three quarters to end the game looking lost offensively...We
need a backup center with some bulk really bad. Battie should be backing up
or starting at power forward. Watch and you'll see guys just blow these
skinny guys out of there. I saw Strong just give McCarty and little forearm
shove in the back after Walter had him boxed out and Walter ended up way
under the basket. Of course, Strong got the offensive rebound and scored. You
just can't have Walter backing up the 4 and Battie backing up the five in
this league...

DJessen33