Re: why trade Battie?

Josh Ozersky wrote:

> I can't imagine why Pitino would trade Battie and
> Bowen, and I'm still not sure this really happened.
> Battie is a much more skillful version of walter, with
> much much better shot blocking ability.  I really like
> him at 4 a lot, and I think we could move him into the
> starting lineup, move Ron into a 6th role, and be in
> business.  Throwing in our best defender is even
> sillier.  For a guy who nobody wants anyway?  I don't
> get it at all.

Strange isn't it?  Just what we need, a 6-7, 255lb power forward who
couldn't rebound consistently even in his best year, and can't even
start on the worst franchise in basketball. At least Pitino would then
have only himself to blame for trading our only shot-blocker and regular
player over 6-10 (Battie) instead of moaning all the time about our
desperate lack of size and shot blocking. The weird part is that
Rodger's game (212 three-point attempts last year) would likely get in
the way of those of Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker.  Baffling.

Thank goodness the new CBA rules sometimes help save Pitino from
himself. I hope it was just another dumb rumor, because this deal sounds
even more wacked than the Pierce for Potapenko deal that Il Duce
allegedly gave a thumbs up to Embry on.

The Kenny Anderson suspension is yet another weird saga. It's like,
"gee, that should help raise his trade value." Based on Pitinochio's
M.O., my guess is that KA might stick around after all, or else get
dumped for less than zero (like Wesley, Fox, Eric Williams, Radja....)

****