Josh sighting

As he had announced, Josh Ozersky traveled to Boston for last night's
game--his first time seeing the Celts at home.  We met briefly at
halftime, and it was a fun experience.

We had agreed on a meeting site, but of course neither of us knew who to
look for.  I was standing there when I heard someone yelling my name,
very loudly, although he wasn't looking my way.  Sure enough, it was
Josh, accompanied by his lovely wife (whose name I have regrettably now
forgotten).

I'd had a vague image of what Josh might look like, and I wasn't far
off.  He's definitely a power forward, with dark hair, a goatee and
glasses.  He came across just as he does on-line: opinionated, fiery and
passionate about the game.  He blamed the refs for the halftime deficit;
I said the Celts were allowing too many open 3s.  When I saw the FT
disparity after the game, I realized that probably we were both right.
I also answered his question about where was Bowen (broken finger),
prompting Mrs. O. to say to Josh, "He knows as much as you!"  I took it
as a compliment for both of us.

After some chatting about where to sight-see on Sat. (their first time
in town), we shook hands and departed for the second half.  When the
Celts were later denied a well-deserved win, I wasn't as upset as I
would have been some years back (it's either maturity or being numbed by
so many losing seasons), but I felt bad that the Ozerskys didn't get to
see a glorious finish.  In any case, it was an exciting game and the
crowd was solidly behind the team.

So my conclusion is that meeting a list member is a good thing (I hope
Josh agrees) and that halftime is the perfect setting for it.
--
Mike Dynon
North Kingstown, RI