Re: Minnesota List gospel

> Someone said that Detlef Schrempf said that the reason behind the Sonics
> playing bad as a team after their fine start {especially after the
> deadline} has been that there is a 'done deal' awaiting trading at the
> end of the season.
>
> The proposed deal would be Brandon, Nesterovic and the Nets #1 pick
> (they acquired unconditionally - they took that option yesterday) for
> Gary Payton.

This is the type of rumor that could have life on a Minnesota fan list
because they'd desperately like to believe that it's true. Anywhere
else it's ridiculous. Why would the Sonics want to trade the one person
on their team that is performing up to expectations? It's not like they
have some sort of bad contract situation with him.

Besides, any sort of trades involving lottery teams' #1 picks are BS
before the lottery, I would think.

> Now, I'm thinking that the proposed deal that Josh (I think?) had with
> Ron Mercer and Kenny Anderson (imho not that far from Terrell Brandon)
> for Payton isn't so far off the mark after all.

I wonder if folks on other lists discuss our ridiculous trade rumors as
well.