Re: Lockout: Does anyone care?

>From: Douglas342@aol.com
>Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 12:39:36 EDT
>To: bgeorge76@HOTMAIL.COM, celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: Re: Lockout:  Does anyone care?
>
>In a message dated 9/26/98 10:26:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>bgeorge76@hotmail.com writes:
>
>>  But the NBA is incredibly unlikeable, and I will not miss
>>  it.
>     While I certainly can't tell you you're wrong, I would beg to
differ.
>What I like about the NBA is the game.  A Dr. J dunk; a no-look pass
from Gary
>Payton; a Bird 3 at clutch time; the enthusiasm of Barkley; the
supremacy of
>Jordan.

The NBA in Bird and Dr. J's day was far better than today.  I will never
argue with that.  I am a huge admirer of Michael Jordan.  Barkley ("I am
not a role model!") can go hang.  He's another bad egg for the NBA.

My point essentially is that if there are others who also don't miss the
NBA, at least I'm not alone.  I love my Celtics always, and I will miss
seeing them play.

Matter of fact, every baseball strike I've had to live through, I felt
the same way also.  Sort of a "let 'em strike" attitude.  I guess I have
a hard time watching these millionaires squabble like this.

Bob George

Read Bob George's Best Of Boston Sports At
http://members.tripod.com/~bob_george/bobs.html