8

>Joe Hironako
>Regarding Antoine Walker and clutch freethrows, NBA.COM included the
>following "highlights":
>
>- -Hit the game-winning free throw with 5.4 seconds left, totaling 25
>points, 11 rebounds and 3 assists, in a 102-101 win over the Portland
>Trail Blazers on 3/1. . .
>
>   IMO Antoine Walker is a furious player, he is driven by furies to
>beat the living crap out of the Fakers (hey, look at his Bird-like
>numbers against them last year) and everyone else who thinks they are so
>slick and cool and established. As far as I'm concerned, you'd want
>"Driver 8" in big games like nearly none other. All our kid has to do is
>start playing within himself again, just as he has all his life before
>last season.

	Once again, I agree 100% with Joe's views on Walker and wish more
Celts fans realized what an unbelievable talent we have on our hands.
Given Pitino's recent words saying in effect, 'we will definitely be adding
new players to this team before the season starts,' I feel we will probably
not have all three big guns on our team (Walker, Mercer, Pierce) when its
all said and done but I hope it's not Walker we trade.
	My first choice however, is to keep all three for their entire
careers--they could possibly blend into a three-headed warrior 1/3 better
than chicago's recent duo, given a few years of seasoning in the right
system.  Only time will tell. . .it should be a fun ride the next ten years.

Goggin in Cincinnati