Re: your mail

But Cecil, someone does force the owners to bow to the demands and it is us, the FAN.  I have seen quite a bit on this list that said, pay Walker whatever money but keep him.  Or even threats that if Gaston doesn't want to sign Walker, they are going to give up on the club.  Gaston has been skewered for threatening to be fiscally responsible.  So don't say there is not a gun to
the Owners' heads, there is and we are holding it.

Everyone that supports fiscal responsibility and believes that we should simply trade Walker and not even attempt to sign him; and who is willing to write to the front office and demand that Gaston not waste the clubs money by signing Walker please stand over on this side.

Everyone who thinks Walker is a great player who deserves Garnett money and that is the franchise and should be kept at this high salary as we can't afford to begin to rebuild again this soon, please stand over here.  And of course, you don't care about Gaston losing money, do you!

I got a feeling which way this vote goes.

Like I said, we are the ones with the guns.  And believe it or not, the Owners have to fear the other owner being insane and signing their players.  Can't collude on things like that.  I think baseball got busted for that.

--

Peace,

Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net