Re: ON A ROLL

    You're right, Theresa.  There was no softball when I was starting,
either.  I played baseball with the boys and girls from the time I was
little.  My Dad was scouted by the Yankees, he was that good, but he elected
not to go. :(  Basketball was the game in high school, and I learned it from
there.  When I was married and lived with my Navy husband in Boston, I saw
Cousy dribble a ball and I was hooked on the Celtics - been hooked ever
since.  That's also when I became a Red Sox fan because my company had a box
seat right behind home plate and I could go for free any time I wanted to.
Right behind Ted Williams when he was in the batter's box!  I even converted
my Dad to being a Red Sox fan.  There is something magical about old Fenway
Park,  just as there was about the old Boston Garden.
    You're also right about media coverage.  Everything is blown out of
proportion and written about until you don't want to turn on the radio or
TV.  Good thing back in days of some other Presidents, for instance, the
reporters had a little more sense.  I guess in the case of Jordan they think
we're so hungry to have him continue to play we'll read anything.  WRONG!
Dorine