ON A ROLL

    That's what happens on vacation.  More time to write to the list, I
guess.  I think it's wrong for a player to be dictating to owners what
direction the team will take.  Not defending the owners of the Bulls, but I
think they started out just thinking they should not wait until their stars
were over the hill, as they said originally, not like the Celtics who kept
their stars too long and didn't rebuild.  In Boston we have that kind of
loyalty, I don't know what else the Celtics could have done.  I don't care
what Jordan, Pippin and Co. do to influence the owners, I'm just tired of
hearing about the posturing by Jordan.  We all know how good he is, but how
many other stars have pulled this?  He leaves to play baseball, he comes
back, then he's going to retire, then he isn't, yada yada yada.  I'm just
sick of hearing about it.  Basketball will survive without him, if they ever
get this lockout settled.
    In Pippin's case, I think he signed a contract he shouldn't have signed,
then bellyached when it wasn't what he saw others making.  That's the fault
of his agent and Pippin, himself.  Pippin has always been a whiner and it's
always someone else's fault.  That's why I'm so against his ever being a
Celtic, not that I seriously think that will happen.  As for Jordan, he can
retire or not, as he sees fit.  Why doesn't he just make up his mind and
stick with it?  If he isn't sure, then just don't say anything.  When he
makes a decision he's certain about, state it and stick with it.  I hate to
think we'll have to go through another season or two of “will he or won't
he?”.
    Thanks.  Now I'll shut up and go accomplish something other than stating
my opinions.
Dorine