Mercer column

Hi all --

This odd discussion about Ron Mercer prefigures my new column for
bskball.com, which deals largely with Mercer.  It will probably go up
in the next few days, and I guess I will post it here as well.  My
feeling is that Mercer is the future of the team, although one way or
another we will have an all-star caliber center or forward either in
Antoine or whoever we trade for him.  Personally, I hope it's antoine.
 After all is said and done, I really think he is a natural leader and
a magnificent talent, his flaws aside.  But Mercer is the
McHale/Sharman/Havlicek of the team, the guy that really makes it all
work and epitomizes what the team is all about.