Walker over Mercer -Reply

>>> <MH348@aol.com> 09/09/98 06:04pm >>>
Ron Mercer will never be a better player then Antoine Walker. He wasn't
in college and won't be in the pros. Instead of trading the "ALL STAR" on
the team maybe they should trade Mercer while he is still a hot
commodity.
James<<<

And you're basing this on...what?  His 40% shooting?  His "team first"
attitude on the court?  His exemplary displays of leadership off the court
and in the offseason (i.e.--skipping Pitino's minicamps).  Or perhaps
because he has the ability to make himself the most ostentatious person
on the floor at all times (referees included)?

He sounds too good to be true!  Why don't they promote him to player /
coach as well, so that he can impart his superlative basketball wisdom
on the rest of the Celtic have-nots?  Better yet, given the "Antoine
wiggle," why don't the Celtics just hand him the choreographer position
for the new Celtic cheerleaders?

James is right about one thing, in a year or two, Mercer WILL be a much
hotter trade commodity than Walker.

Aaaaahhhhhh!  It feels good to stretch those basketball legs again on the
list, even if only to assert my preference for Mercer (voiced clearly and
often last season)!  I was beginning to atrophy from talk of baseball,
satellite dishes, sealing wax, and kings...

Ryan