Re: re-What would you do?

Sorry to everyone who doesn't want any non-baseball chatter, but here is some
anyway.

Dan,

  You are overlooking the obvious.  Mcgwire has been hitting home runs
  averaging 430 feet, IF andro gave you a 5% muscle boost, thus allowing Big
  Mac to hit the ball 5% farther, the ball is still leaving the yard. It may
  not be as far, but it would still leave the yard.  Secondly, you cannot argue
  about pressure.  From all accounts I have heard lately Maris didn't have the
  tons of pressure that people thought he had.  The pressure didn't come until
  later in his career when he couldn't reproduce his home run feet.  I also can
  not believe you think there is little interest in the record.  It is on the
  front page of every paper,  the leading story on every news show, and the
  talk at everyones water cooler.  I'm not sure where you live, but just watch
  the news for 5 minutes and you will hear a story about it.  Finally, baseball
  has not lost it, thanks to Big Mac, and the possiblity that basketball may
  not be around, I think that baseball will be as big as before the strike.

  Anyway, all this talk about the ball doesn't matter because as you probably
  already know (or possibly not since you don't think it is a big deal), a
  Cardinals worker got the ball from under the stands since it didn't go into
  the stands and gave it back to Mcgwire.

  Have a good day,

  Shawn

Originally from Dan Forant: