Re: re-What would you do?

Are you kidding Big Mac is just crushing balls out of parks, on the average of
about 430 or so feet per home run.  That would leave any ball park.  He has
been hitting them that far since he came into the league.  Also, if you
remember, which you seem not to, Maris hit like 22 homers of the expansion
teams that year.  Maris also saw the same pithcers more often.  They didn't
have specialized pitchers back in those days (i.e. short relief, closers).
Also the strike zone isn't smaller in total area, just top to bottom, it is
much wider now than it was in the past....I will not discredit Big Mac, it
isn't his fault for playing in the 90s.  So be happy for the guy and get real,
you wouldn't throw back the ball.

Shawn

Originally from Dan Forant: