Re: Walker for Webber

>I wouldn't do Walker for Webber. Why should we? Walker is a superior and
>more durable player plus he does't come with the additional baggage. -
>Mishra

Mishra,....I absolutely agree with you. I originally wrote that if Pitino
was "dead-set" on trading Antoine, Webber would be an acceptable
substitute. I don't think Ricky should trade him at all. But if he's going
to.....? Concerning Webber's "additional baggage." It seems to me the
entire Walker debate on this list, culminating with the Bob Ryan diatribe,
is all about Walker's supposed "baggage." That is, how much of it he has
(if you agree he has any), how serious it all is, and if and when he'll get
rid of any, most, or all of it. Is it the same baggage Webber carries
around? No. But is it just as "poisonous"? Seems to me that Bob Ryan and
others think it could be. Pitino also might think so. I'm guessing that
Pitino and Walker's relationship has seen better days. Plus....let's be
honest.  The Celtics have already had a celebrated pot smoking woman beater
(Webber's sins don't include the latter, do they? I have a hard time
keeping track of all that.) who apparently was engaging in both activities
well into his thirties. Yes? That sounds like quite a bit of baggage. Yes?
Webber has time to turn his personal life around and still have a great
career. He's only 24? No? Anyway. Those who've never sinned and all that.
Like I said, I hope Walker's not traded. But if in Pitino's mind Antoine's
already gone, and Webber pulls a Kenny Anderson on Sacramento as it appears
he might....the young man certainly can play. He's just...so sensitive, and
bruises so easily.

Paul M