Re: salary speculation

I choose to believe Kim regarding Dino's dineros.  Not only does she
sound like she knows what she's talking about, but I like the answer
better.  So, that would be more like 5 million and that's enough to get
a good center and keep Popeye.  I hope he'll be cheap because he is
coming off of such a serious injury.  I still wouldn't rule out trading
Knight, though.  After all, we wouldn't need Geiger (or whoever),
DeClerq, Ellison and Knight, would we.

Also, remember, we are very thin at point guard.  Our only backup is a
converted shooting guard and neither of the PGs is likely to play 82
games.  Does anyone want to see Dana or Kenny going 48 minutes for a
week or two?  Maybe we'll pick up a cheap FA, or wait until the need
arises.  Would anyone take Greg Minor for a third string point guard?

Jim

>Date: 03 Sep 98 11:06:16 -0800
>From: Peter Delevett <pdelevett@sjbj.com>
>Subject: salary speculation
>To: Celtics <Celtics@igtc.com>

> and including Dino's dough until proven otherwise, that brings the
tally, excluding FAs, to $28.63 million

Again, just for fun, let's split the difference -- the cap climbs $4.5
million to $31.4 million.